Random Mental Messes

Stories from my past and present... random musings often inspired by the radio... and a way to keep close with loved ones far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Loveland, CO

Just a gal, just a mom, just trying to make it through the night...


Monday, October 31, 2005

When Did I Get So Old?

Just one more quick post, as I'm almost off lunch...

Yes, there are many reasons I'm feeling old a lot lately, not the least of which is that my oldest daughter is TEN and my youngest, my babiest baby, is FOUR. Oh, no, not that. No, what got to me just now was that my LAUNCHcast station played a song by Boz Scaggs, and though I didn't recognize it, I sure did like it. LAUNCHcast also helped me realize, late last year, that I am a Cat Stevens fan. (Who knew?) Harry Chapin. Nilsson. Jim Croce. When did I get so old?

Oh, and if ANYONE can send me the words, or better yet, an audio copy, of "Miss Misunderstood" by the Bellamy Brothers, I will be forever grateful. And more than a little embarrassed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Charlie's Blog said...

hehehe
remember....monchichi's?
if you said yes...well then you're old*LOL*

9:47 PM  
Blogger SaraSmile said...

"MONchichi monchichi, oh so soft and cuddly, with his thumb in his mouth he's really neat, fun to tickle his little feet, ya ya ya, ya ya ya, happy happy monchichi..."

But Charliebear, that's NORMAL for our age. People our chronological age shouldn't like what was "adult contemporary" in our grade school years.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

Now ... what about the Jem and The Holograms theme? Do you remember how that goes? :D

2:48 PM  
Blogger SaraSmile said...

I don't remember it exactly, darlin' Jay, just that it was...

"truly outrageous..."

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home