Random Mental Messes

Stories from my past and present... random musings often inspired by the radio... and a way to keep close with loved ones far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Loveland, CO

Just a gal, just a mom, just trying to make it through the night...


Monday, October 31, 2005

Dollar Bills

At the request of, and in response to, the friend in Kuwait who is a money-man for the Army and just told me how heavy $36,000 in ones are...

I can't imagine how heavy that might be, but I do know the unique power of $60 in ones. Again, drift with me back to the Dorm Room Days. *cue the Wayne's World wavy hands*

I don't recall if it was freshman or sophomore year, but there was a very attractive guy running with our crowd... Hispanic, long curly hair - what Gerardo (of "Rico Suave" fame) might have looked like, had he truly been either rico or suave... also, just one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. Anywho, kind of on a lark, he decided to go perform at Amateur Night at La Bare. Yes, it is what it sounds like. He recruited some of the gals in the gang to come see him and cheer him on, since victory is decided at least in part on audience response. He kept running around the dorms that week, reminding us when and where. Finally, he made one last sweep to make sure everyone was coming, before he headed over to the club. When he approached the group of girls I was with, he asked us if we were ready to go see him dance.

I held up the sheaf of crisp one-dollar bills (sixty of them) that I had gotten from the bank earlier that day, fanned them out in front of me, and stated, "Oh, yes. I'm ready." Poor guy turned about three shades lighter... but he went on, and did an excellent job.

It's hard to go wrong with black pleather pants with tearaway sides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home