Random Mental Messes

Stories from my past and present... random musings often inspired by the radio... and a way to keep close with loved ones far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Loveland, CO

Just a gal, just a mom, just trying to make it through the night...


Friday, August 11, 2006

Leech No More!!!

I am now officially employed... here's what went down... I was offered the job last night, had a few questions for him, and asked if I could have until close of business today to get back to him with my decision. I'd had an interview for another job on Monday and been told that they wanted to make a decision by the end of this week. I also had an interview scheduled for today. Now, going into the day I was already 99% sure I was going to take the offer anyway, but I figured I had committed to the other interview first, and should at least see how it went. I talked it over with my family, since the long hours and low pay of this job will impact the whole household... but the potential long-term benefits would impact us all too, positively. I got their blessing and their pledge of support, and readied myself for my interview today.

I got a call from the staffing company this morning, telling me that the job I was supposed to interview for was temporarily suspended, but suggesting another company I could interview with. So I told the guy that, to be honest, I had been offered a job last night and I was pretty sure I was going to take it. Shortly after getting off that phone call, I called the guy who I guess is my new boss, and left him a message to call me back regarding the offer. Then I merrily went about the rest of the day's business. While I was in the grocery store, my phone rang... it was the woman with whom I'd had my second phone interview for this position, wanting to know if she could answer any questions for me, or if I needed any more information to help me make my decision. I told her I had a message in to her supervisor and was waiting for him to call me back. She asked again if she could help me, and I told her that I had already made the decision. She asked if I would mind telling her, and she almost sounded like she thought my answer was no... which maybe she did. But instead I told her that I would be honored to accept their offer, and boy, was she happy about that!!! So if nothing else, I know I'm really going to enjoy the people I work with, because they have ALL been so pleasant, cheerful, witty and warm all along... And apparently, I'm going to a retreat in Washington, DC at the end of the month to meet fellow staff members from around the nation, and strategize!!!

Mind you, I still haven't heard back from the boss man, but when I got home I already had an e mail message from Miss Sunshine, with information about the retreat... So now I guess it's fairly well official, and now I guess I can give more information... I will be working with Project Vote as an Election Administrator... You can read more about it here, if you like: http://projectvote.org/our-work-pages/our-work/election-administration.html but basically it's an incredible opportunity, and everything in me is telling me that this is THE way to go...

Woo HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Yay me!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Spatchula said...

YAY!

Way to go Sara I'm proud of ya! :)

Much deserved indeed!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont vote! The system doesnt work... hasnt in a long time! All politicians are corrupt! No matter how nice or strong they feel on the issues they are ALL corrupt! Let someone else make the decision. No matter who they choose...somewhere down the line THAT candidate will stumble/fail.
Oh... good luck on the job.

9:22 AM  
Blogger SaraSmile said...

LOL My stepdad has always said, if you don't vote, you don't have a right to bitch about whoever ends up in office... your vote buys you the right to complain...

But you know me... the eternal optimist... I still think I can change the world!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home