Random Mental Messes

Stories from my past and present... random musings often inspired by the radio... and a way to keep close with loved ones far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Loveland, CO

Just a gal, just a mom, just trying to make it through the night...


Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Blog Snob

I never mean to be one, but the fact is, I'm a snob. I grammar-and-spelling snob (or as I call it, Grammar Nazi), a cooking snob, and now apparently a blog snob. Except in this case, I think it's justified.

See, I have another blog besides this one, on Yahoo! 360... and part of having a 360 profile is that you can see the new blog posts of your Yahoo! friends. Which I love. But there are an awful lot of people, apparently, who use the "RSS feed" feature. I don't even completely understand how that works, all I know is that I get excited because I see people have new posts... except it turns out to be news stories and such from other websites. Blogs not even of the person's own creation. I can understand every now and then, if there's an interesting story you'd like to share with other people... but if half the "blog posts" on my Yahoo! 360, are really just feeds of stories on the Yahoo! News page... well... I feel a little cheated. (I guess the same way some people must feel cheated when one of my posts is just song lyrics, but at least I try to make them rare/interesting.)

*sigh* One more thing for me to snob about...

3 Comments:

Blogger SaraSmile said...

LOL Nope, you're not a problem child... you have real posts...

9:38 PM  
Blogger Spatchula said...

You know, I have only posted once in my 360 and I can't remember when I posted on my blogspt page (do you ever stop by?).

I found moreso that I update more on my ... yes ... myspace page.

No idea why but I think it's because it givesme more options plus pretty much everyone I know has accounts there anyways so they don't have to join up to places they don't really go to.

10:50 PM  
Blogger SaraSmile said...

LOL Don't know why, but I tend to shun MySpace... maybe because every time some teenage girl runs off across the country (or the world) to hook up with a thrity-something-year-old sleazebag, it turns out she met him there...

And I don't do near as good a job at keeping up wtih other people's blogs here (do they have a featuer that notifies you when there is a new post?)... I do better with 360...

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home