Random Mental Messes

Stories from my past and present... random musings often inspired by the radio... and a way to keep close with loved ones far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Loveland, CO

Just a gal, just a mom, just trying to make it through the night...


Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Day That Will Live in Infamy

It's past midnight here, and I just looked at my computer and realized that it's August 19.

Fifteen years ago today, I moved to Texas to start college.

Eleven years ago today I got married.

I've finally remedied the first situation - I won't call that one a mistake, since moving to Texas set off a chain reaction of events that have made me who I am today. And I like who I am. At least I do today LOL ask me again tomorrow...

The second situation, I still need to remedy. Can't really call it a mistake either. In one sense I might - I should never have actually married him. Childbearing is one things, marriage is a whole 'nother level. (And thankfully, I also skipped the "getting his name tattooed on me" level. Mama didn't raise no fool!) But as I've said before, if I hadn't married him, Red would probably not have been born. The Clone was on the way already, I still could have backed out, but I think I would have wised up and walked away before Red was a twinkle in her father's eye, had I not been legally bound to him. At least, I would hope I would have.

Well. So. Happy Anniversary to me. Now I just need to save up for that darn legal divorce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home