Random Mental Messes

Stories from my past and present... random musings often inspired by the radio... and a way to keep close with loved ones far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Loveland, CO

Just a gal, just a mom, just trying to make it through the night...


Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Pardon me, but your breasts are buzzing...

(Warning, this one is a little... ummm... PG13?) I'm in the school computer lab right now. Ergo, I can't have the ringer turned on for my cell phone. I have to have it set on vibrate - which means, I have to have it somewhere, where I will notice if/when it goes off.

These pants have no pockets.

Setting it on the countertop would make the vibrations almost as loud as if I left the ringer on.

So my cell phone is nestled in the span of lace that webs between the cups of my bra.

You really couldn't tell to look at me; my breasts are of a size that, at least in this kind of shirt, the fabric stretches across without clinging to me, creating a little pocket of space where the small phone can remain hidden. It's fine. Just as long as nobody's looking when I go to answer it.

Last week I was at work, wearing a dress with no pockets. I do keep my phone turned on at work, in fact it's on almost 24/7, just in case I get a phone call from Kuwait, Iraq or Afghanistan, where sometimes my boys call at odd times stateside because it's their only option there. So I had the phone tucked into its hiding place. Fridays are also the days that those of us with cubicles in the back, have to come sit on the front line and assist our co-workers. The cubicle walls on the front line, when seated, do not reach my shoulders.

So I was with a customer, with my phone in its strategic location. It didn't ring, no, I could have ignored that. No, instead I was trying to do a calculation that would impact a customer's participation with us, only the computer I was on mysteriously didn't have a calculator function on it.

What did have a calculator function? My cell phone.

Trying to look as nonchalant as possible, I discreetly slipped a hand down the front of my dress, withdrew the phone, and flipped it open to begin the mathematical operation. Lord, I hope the cameras didn't report THAT back to the home office. I'd have a lot of 'splainin' to do!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home