Random Mental Messes

Stories from my past and present... random musings often inspired by the radio... and a way to keep close with loved ones far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Loveland, CO

Just a gal, just a mom, just trying to make it through the night...


Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Huge Pain in the Neck

No, not a co-worker, customer, in-law or ex… I mean, a real, physical pain in my neck.

I volunteered at the Army Ten-Miler this past weekend, and had just a fabulous time. No real physical exertion on my part, either, other than protracted walks along the race route (the Pentagon, how cool is that?) and to the restaurant for lunch. I slept comfortably on a bed much better than my own. Yet yesterday morning, back at home, I woke up with a stiff neck. It wasn’t too bad, but worsened over the course of the day until, at night, I could barely turn my head. It’s even worse this morning. I have no idea why, what’s causing it, or what to do about it. I can’t afford a chiropractor or a massage – and, sweet and well-meaning friends, please don’t offer to cover the expense for me, I am SO not good at accepting help. My sweet baby bruvver Nate already suggested doing that, and I declined, though I appreciate the gesture. I’m relatively sure it’s just stress, though the latent hypochondriac in me keeps whispering, “Isn’t a stiff neck a symptom of meningitis?” (Thanks, Grams, for that particular piece of my ‘redity – why couldn’t I have inherited your metabolism instead?) Anywho… no idea as to why I’m writing this, really, other than to solicit a little input. Two questions: Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? And, if it is stress, what are your favorite stress-relief tricks that might help me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home