Random Mental Messes

Stories from my past and present... random musings often inspired by the radio... and a way to keep close with loved ones far away.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Loveland, CO

Just a gal, just a mom, just trying to make it through the night...


Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Life In Sixty Seconds or Less

I've been really neglecting this blog, and I'm sorry. I tend to post more frequently in my Yahoo 360, and to be honest, with my new grad school career just starting, and with the election 2 weeks away, and with my body very suddenly rebelling against the overwhelming lack of sleep... well... don't expect too much from me here for a while. That said, this is my life in a nutshell:

1) Working my butt off, long hours, evil commute, laughable pay, but a cause I can believe in, so for now it will hold me.

2) Kids are adjusting wonderfully well to our new state and our new family life, and getting bigger every day. The Clone turned 11 one month ago, Little Bit turned 5 today, and Red will be 10 in January. Hard to believe my girls are so big.

3) Started my Master of Nonprofit Management degree and am feeling sufficiently in-over-my-head, but hey, it's all good.

4) Helplessly hopelessly madly in love with Cole, who surprised the heck out of me by loving me right back. In fact, in February he's moving up here and we're going to give this "happy family" thing a shot. We do it pretty well in small-to-medium doses, so I have a feeling that it being the five of us every day, will be no sweat. Of course, like our move this summer, I haven't yet told the girls about this big change. We'll break that to them over the holidays - if you hear loud and delighted squeals of joy sometime between Christmas and New Year's, it's probably them.

5) I'm tired and there's a dirty kitchen waiting for me, so that will have to be it for now. I'll try to do a better job of keeping up, but meantime, if you want more frequent postings, you might check my 360... I just don't have the energy right now to create two blogs' worth of interesting posts with any regularity (some would argue I don't create one blog's worth)...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some would argue you create 10 blogs worth...you live an entertaining and amazing life Sara

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinky Freiedman for govenor!!!!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you moved to colorado to start a new family. Well that's great. one thing..
YOU"RE STILL LEGALLY MARRIED!!
Even tho he is in jail somewhere being someone's well you know...it is still official on paper!
Nothing running away from your problems to forget them and start all over.
How about owning up to them ?? And doing the proper thing??

That would be much more respectable!

9:51 PM  
Blogger SaraSmile said...

And I'm supposed to care about an anonymous and rather rudely expressed opinion because...? Next time you decide to tear into me, could you try getting your facts straight? Last I heard, he wasn't in jail anymore (though it's been over a month, so that may have changed)... and the divorce papers are in their first draft. Not that it's any of your business.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara where have you been?

2:27 PM  
Blogger SaraSmile said...

Who's asking?

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home